Project Cost : 10,000
Available in: 7 Days
Project Code: 1659
You will get a CD with this project:
CD contains following things:
- Project Report in pdf format and in doc (word) format
- Circuit diagram
- PCB layout
- Microcontroller program in assembley language
- Hex file of the microcontroller code
- Datasheets of all the components / ICs used in the project
Now days, marketing demands are increasing continuously. If you can’t satisfy demand then you will knock out of the race. There is no time limit for work. So in modern industry, it needs to give alignment without going on field. Our project satisfies this need by using a GSM modem by making use of SMS technology.
Consider one case, that you are field engineer, company will start at 9 o’clock. But you have to turn on boiler at 7 o’clock to start working at 9 o’clock. In this case you have to go at 7 o’clock. But by using this project you can start boiler by just sending SMS command from your mobile. Boiler is just example you can turn on or turn off any controlling device. Now consider another case, you need to monitor few parameters in the industry, say Humidity in a paint shop machine or a critical thing like LPG gas leakage, then you need to be present in the industry/plant. The second part of our project meets this requirement, it monitors the parameters on the LCD and at the same time sends a SMS when these parameters cross threshold limit.
For controlling the relays, you have to send sms to the GSM modem which you have set on field. GSM modem is connected to the Project. This GSM modem will receive your SMS. Then particular relay is turned on/off by reading the sms.
Description in detail:
It mainly consist of following blocks:
2) Humitidy or LPG Gas Sensor
3) Temperature sensor
4) GSM Modem (sim900 unit)
5) LCD Display
6) Buzzer that beeps for critical conditions
Applications and Advantages:
1. Industrial automation.
2. Can also be used for security purpose after modification.
3. In places where control of action has not any time limit.
1. No need to go on field.
2. Higher reliability.
3. Cost effective.
4. Fast and efficient
1. We can monitor and control more parameters and devices.
2. Voice announcement system can be added to indicate device conditions.
Youtube video coming soon
Question and answers about this project:
Question: Which type of GSM Modem you have used? Can we use Mobile instead of GSM modem?
Answer: We have used SIMCOM300 GSM modem. No, we can not replace GSM modem by Mobile in this project.
Question : What method of communication is being used in this project. Is it by SMS or by phone call? Because i am interested in buying one that using SMS based communication.
Answer : This project used SMS communication method. For DTMF based communication, visit this page: www.projectsof8051.com/projects/36-industrial-automation-using-cellphone.html
Do you have question or any feedback about this project?
Please email us your questions or write comments below.
Similar or Related Projects:
- Public Garden Automation
- Time Operated Electrical Appliance Controlling System
- SMS based Device Control using GSM Modem
- GSM based Power Transformer Parameter fault detection System
- Industrial Automation Using Cellphone
- GSM based Home Security System
- GSM based industrial fault monitoring detection system