Project Cost : 6,100
Available in: 7 Days
Project Code: 1230
You will get a CD with this project:
CD contains following things:
- Project Report in pdf format and in doc (word) format
- Circuit diagram
- PCB layout
- Microcontroller program in assembley language
- Hex file of the microcontroller code
- Datasheets of all the components / ICs used in the project
Greenhouse monitoring and controlling project is used to measure the various parameters like Temperature, Humidity and Light and to display them on a LCD. Temperature, Humidity and light is sensed by respective sensors. Sensor output is amplified and given to ADC. Microcontroller controls these parameters and keeps them at some predefined levels using relay interface. These relays can be connected to Fan/Heater. For demo purpose we have connected a 12 volt fan and a bulb. Values of temperature and light are send to a computer through serial port. These values can be displayed on PC using hyper terminal.
Description in detail:
It mainly consist of following blocks:
1. Sensors: we are going to use temperature sensor and light sensor to sense temperature and light respectively. These sensors sense the parameters and gives corresponding voltage output
2. Amplifier: As the voltage output from the sensors is in miliVolts, it has to be increased to 0 to 5 volts range. We are going to use linear amplifier for this purpose.
3. ADC: The main part of our project is microcontroller which reads only digital input. (0V & 5V) But the output of Amplifier is in analog form, so it has to be converted into digital format, for this purpose we are going to use ADC to convert analog output from amplifier into the digital output to be given to microcontroller
4. Microcontroller: This is the CPU (central processing unit) of our project. We are going to use microcontroller of 8051 family. The various functions of microcontroller are like:
I. Reading the digital input from ADC which is derived from Temperature and Light sensor. II. Sending this data to LCD so that the person operating this project should read the values of temperature and light. III. Controlling the parameters like Temperature, light, turning On/Off the respective relays IV. Sending the values of temperature and light to the computer using serial port
5. Relay: We have used 2 relays in our project. First one will be turned on when the temperature falls below the desired value. And the second relay will be turned on when temperature reaches above the desired value. (e.g. if the desired value is 20 degree C, then Relay 1 will be turned on when temperature is 19 or below and Relay 2 will be turned on when temperature is 21 or above)
6. PC Interfacing: We are going to use max 232 IC for pc interfacing, the values of temperature and light will be sent to pc when the key is pressed
Applications and Advantages:
1. Can be used in green houses to control the temperature and light for the proper growth of plants
2. With little modification, this project can be used in Mechanical companies to measure various parameters of operating machines like temperature and light.
3. Temperature monitoring and controlling action can be used in home or various halls like conference room, seminar hall to control the temperature of room
1. We can monitor more parameters like Humidity, PH of soil, pressure, water level and at the same time control them
2. We can send this data to a remote location using mobile or internet
3. We can draw graphs of variations in these parameters using computer
Youtube video coming soon
Question and answers about this project:
Question: How much time will it take to reach project by courier?
Answer: Project PCB is ready, so it will take 2 days to complete the proejct. And then 2 to 3 days to courier the project.
Question: Can we add soil moisture sensor in Greenhouse monitoring ?
Answer: Yes, we can monitor soil moisture, but for that we have to use 2 metal probes. These should be instered into soil. If moisture is more then the conductivity will increase.
Question : I need some modifications in project. If possible make sensors wireless. It should be have good big life and good protection from high voltage. A isolasting switch should be there in every controls. Can you implement these changes ?
Answer : It seems that you need to use it for actual use in greenhouse. Our project are educational projects and are for educational purpose.
Do you have question or any feedback about this project?
Please email us your questions or write comments below.
Similar or Related Projects:
- Temperature and Light Monitoring and Controlling
- Greenhouse environment controlling Robot
- Digital weather station with Data storage
- SMS based Weather report information system
- GSM based Greenhouse Environment Monitoring and Controlling
- Greenhouse Environment Controlling with Monitoring on Android application