Project Cost : 5,400
Dispatched in: 3 Days
Project Code: 1180
You will get a CD with this project:
CD contains following things:
- Project Report in pdf format and in doc (word) format
- Circuit diagram
- PCB layout
- Microcontroller program in assembley language
- Hex file of the microcontroller code
- Datasheets of all the components / ICs used in the project
Download Synopsis of the project
The most important problems faced are the misusage of electricity and its wastage. Sometimes due to carelessness of the authorities and the workers lamps are left ON which results in wastage of electricity. Water wastage is another problem which needs to be dealt with. Our project helps to overcome all these problems.
Firstly the Microcontroller around 4.00pm switches on the water supply once to water the entire garden few hours before opening of the garden for public. Next the gate is opened by running the motor which is driven by a motor driver operated by the Microcontroller. At around 6.00pm the lights are switched on depending upon the output of the LDR and the lights remain functional till the garden remains open for visitors.
The garden remains open for about three hours and so around 8.50 pm a buzzer is sounded to indicate closure of the garden and alert the visitors. The gate is then closed at 9.00pm and one of the two lamps is switched off. One lamp is kept on throughout the night. In the morning the remaining lamp is switched off depending upon the signal sent by the LDR, light dependent resistor to the Microcontroller. These are the step involved in the operation of the circuit and the public garden automation. Microcontroller is used to supervise the actions of all other devices and to control the entire set of operations.
Description in detail:
1. POWER SUPPLY UNIT: Power supply unit provides a 5V regulated supply to the microcontroller AT89S51, LCD, LDR, motor driver. It provides a 12V regulated supply to the motors and relays.
2. Light dependant resistance – LDR: The output of LDR is given as input to the signal conditioning circuit the output of which is given to 89S51 on input side to control the state of lamps.
3. MICRO CONTROLLER AT89S51: It processes the calculated digital values by converting it to ASCII & sends it to the LCD display in order to display the data. Also depending upon the setting at the input, it controls the output
4. LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY: As the name suggests, it is used for displaying purpose. It displays the current date, time.
5. RELAY: It is used to control the flow of water in the garden just like any simple valve and is driven by a relay driver.
6. KEYPAD: The keypad is used for entering the time and date and also can be used for manual over ride.
1. This small scale project can be implemented with minimum cost and resources in any public garden which are generally maintained by municipal corporations.
2. This project can also be used at private gardens like company or universities or educational premises like school / colleges
3. With little modifications, this project can be used in industries. By this the light bulbs can be controlled with respect to intensity of light in the environment. Also, various industrial devices can be turned on/off with respect to desired time for the specific interval of time.
1. This project saves electricity because lights are turned on only when there is insufficient light in the environment. Thus it avoids wastage of electricity.
2. This project also saves water because water supply is turned on only for specific time period. Thus it avoids wastage of water. Thus it helps in proper utilization of the available resources
3. All process in Garden like Gate opening, water supply, light controlling are fully automated. Thus it does not require any human attention.
1. We can monitor various hazardous parameters like fire, bomb detection using fire sensor and metal detector respectively
2. This can be expanded in the sense of security. Using metal detectors and CCTV cameras security of the garden can be enhanced.
3. We can add voice playback device to inform user about the status of various devices. Also by using GSM technology further control of water supply and lights using mobile can be achieved
Youtube video coming soon
Question and answers about this project:
Question : How much time will it take to reach project by courier?
Answer : Project PCB is ready, so it will take 2 days to complete the proejct. And then 2 to 3 days to courier the project.
Question : We want to add some extra features in this project like, automatic irrigation, temperature & humidity display, memory back up using eeprom and metal detector on gate. Is it possible?
Answer : Curretly this PCB does not have ADC (Analog to digital converter) so it will not be easy to monitor temperature and humidity. But yes, we can provide metal detector.
Question : Does this project have the RTC IC, Real time clock IC, DS1307 ?
Answer : No, this project uses internal clock of microcontroller instead of the RTC real time clock IC DS1307.
Do you have question or any feedback about this project?
Please email us your questions or write comments below.
Submit your review