Project Cost : 5,100
Available in: 7 Days
Project Code: 1150
You will get a CD with this project:
CD contains following things:
- Project Report in doc (word) format
- Circuit diagram
- PCB layout
- Microcontroller program in assembley language
- Hex file of the microcontroller code
- Datasheets of all the components / ICs used in the project
Now-a-days “Electronic voting machine” has become an effective voting tool. Flawless voting is ensured by Electronic voting machine. This is the reason it became more widespread. People are made sure that their is vote secured. One more feature is that it avoids any kind of malpractice or invalid votes. Talking about economical benifits, this system is more economical as consequent expenditure incurred on manpower is saved. Also it is use friendly, it means voter feels convenient, because he/she has to press only one key of the respective candidates to vote.
Description in detail:
The “Electronic Voting Machine” basically consists of four main blocks. These blocks are Keypad, Microcontroller, LCD Display and Control switches.
1) Keypad: We have 8 keys on the keypad. Thus it has one key specified for one candidate. This block is used in both voting and counting mode, in voting mode key of respective candidate is pressed, the corresponding signal is sensed by micro controller. In counting mode this keypad is used to check the votes of respective candidate. The key given for candidate is pressed and micro controller senses the corresponding signal.
2) Micro controller: Micro controller senses the signal given from switches and decides the mode of operation in voting mode it increments the data for corresponding key i.e. respective candidate as well as it sends signal to display block to indicate one key is pressed. In counting mode micro controllers fetches data from memory location and send it to display devices.
3) LCD display: Liquid Crystal Display which is commonly known as LCD is an Alphanumeric Display it means that it can display Alphabets, Numbers as well as special symbols thus LCD is a user friendly Display device which can be used for displaying various messages unlike seven segment display which can display only numbers and some of the alphabets. The only disadvantage of LCD over seven segment is that seven segment is robust display and be visualized from a longer distance as compared to LCD. Here we have used 16 x 2 Alphanumeric Display which means it can display two lines with maximum of 16 characters in one line.
4) Control switches: There are three control switches:
I. Clear Votes. II. Controller switch. III. Mode selection switch
Operation or Working of Project:
1] Power on: When supply is turned on RED LED glows.
2] Mode selection:
i. Voting mode: toggle switch on VCC
ii. Counting mode: toggle switch on GND.
Voting Mode: When toggle switch is in voting mode “Voting mode” is displayed followed by “Please vote”. After a vote being given, “Please wait for authority switch” is displayed and again enable for voting after Control switch being pressed by the voting Authority.
Counting Mode: When toggle switch is in counting mode “Counting mode” in displayed on the screen, and total number of votes to respective candidate can be displayed on the screen by pressing the respective key assigned to them.
3] Clear mode: Press clear switch when all entries are required to be erased. Clear switch should be pressed before voting procedure.
4] Buzzer indication: Pressing of key in voting mode is indicated by a buzzer sound.
5] Controller switch: This switch is provided for enabling the keypad in voting mode. This switch is under the control of voting authority.
Applications and Advantages:
1. It is economical
2. Less manpower required
3. Time conscious, as less time required for voting & counting
4. Avoids invalid voting
5. Saves transportation cost due to its compact size
6. Convenient on the part of voter.
This could be used for voting purpose at any required place
1. We can implement GSM technology in this project.
Question and answers about this project:
Question: Would you please just tell me how it avoids invalid voting? I mean if any person tries to press the keys multiple times then what will happen?
Answer: Keypad is locked once first vote is given. So even if person press key for multiple times, only 1 vote will be registered.
Question: Is it possible to give password when we switch to “Counting mode” ? this will provide more advanced security to voting machine.
Answer: Yes, it is possible to provide password, but it will increase the complexity of the microcontroller programming.
Question: What features are provided for computer interfacing ? Which software or program should be used on computer ? what data is send to computer ?
Answer: You can use ‘Hyper Terminal’ program on computer. Data sent is the number of votes received to each candidate.
Do you have question or any feedback about this project?
Please email us your questions or write comments below.