Project Cost : 4,900
Available in: 7 Days
Project Code: 1130
You will get a CD with this project:
CD contains following things:
- Project Report in doc (word) format
- Circuit diagram
- PCB layout
- Microcontroller program in assembley language
- Hex file of the microcontroller code
- Datasheets of all the components / ICs used in the project
Dimensions of the Robot: 11 Centimeter by 21 centimeter
Project title: Mobile Control Robot – Cell phone operated Land rover
In Cell phone Robot project, we need two mobile phones. The “mobile controlled robot” is controlled by a mobile phone that makes a call to the another mobile phone attached to the robot. In the course of a call, if any button is pressed, a tone corresponding to the button pressed is heard at the other end of the call. This tone is called “Dual Tone Multiple-Frequency” (DTMF) tone. The robot perceives this DTMF tone with the help of the phone stacked on the robot. The received tone is processed by the microcontroller with the help of a decoder IC. The microcontroller then transmits the signal to the motor driver ICs to operate the motors.
Description in detail:
On Cell phone robot we have mounted a 12V battery as the power supply for the circuit and the motors. When the user calls the mobile which is mounted on the robot the call is received by auto-answer mode. As the call continues when the user presses a button on his handset the tone that is generated is decoded by the DTMF decoder and the command is passed to the microcontroller which is pre-programmed. The Microcontroller then passes the command to the motor driver ICs for motion.
Applications and Advantages:
1) “Cell phone controlled robot”can be used in the borders for disposing hidden land mines.
2) The robot can be used for reconnaissance or surveillance.
3) The robot can be used anywhere there is the service provider tower of the connection provided that is mounted on the robot.
4) The robot is small in size so can be used for spying.
1. We can add camera and sensors to this project.
Question and answers about this project:
Question : Do you provide mobile or cell phone with the project? Does mobile handset included in project kit?
Answer : No, we don’t provide mobile or handset with the project.
Question : What extra features can be added with this project ? Can we enhance this project to add some more modules?
Answer : Yes, we can enhance this project.We can add these Modules: LPG gas sensor, Temperature sensor, Wireless camera etc.
Question : Can we replace mobile by RF remote? Can we interface RF module to the micro controller using (HT 12E and HT 12D) ?
Answer : Yes, this can be done. RF controlling technique can be an alternative to the Mobile controlling.
Question : What are the advantages over SMS based controlling. I mean controlling of Robot by sending sms using a GSM modem?
Answer : The main advantage is the faster operating speed. In SMS based controlling of Robot, you need to send 1 sms for 1 motion. But in 1 call you can execute multiple motions. Another advantage is that Call based controlling is cost effective than sms based controlling.
Question : What is the controlling range ? What is the maximum distance between the controlling mobile and receiving mobile ?
Answer : This project uses mobile technology and since mobile has very large range, the project also has very large range. But finally it depends on the coverage of the mobile network.
Question : How mobile controlled robot is used in disposing the hidden mines? How it performs?
Answer : Currently we don’t have any landmine detector. But in future scope u can add a metal detector and robotic arm. If mine is detected then you can use robotic arm to pick it up and place somewhere else.
Do you have question or any feedback about this project?
Please email us your questions or write comments below.
Similar or Related Projects:
- Greenhouse environment controlling Robot
- Remote Surveillance Vehicle
- 3 Axis Pick and Place Robot
- Bluetooth controlled robot using Android mobile
- Water Spy A Submarine Robot
- Cell phone operated robot project working
- Bluetooth operated robot with parameter monitoring on Android mobile
- Android controlled 2 axis Pick and Place robot
- Industrial Automation Using Cellphone