Project Cost : 11,900
Dispatched in: 3 Days
Project Code: 5105
Introduction of the project:
In IOT enabled weather monitoring system project, Arduino Uno measures 4 weather parameters using respective 4 sensors. These sensors are temperature sensor, humidity sensor, light sensor and rain level sensor. These 4 sensors are directly connected to Arduino Uno since it has inbuilt Analog to digital converter. Arduino calculates and displays these weather parameters on LCD display. Then it sends these parameters to Internet using IOT techniques. The process of sending data to the internet using Wi-Fi is repeated after constant time intervals. Then the user needs to visit a particular website to view this data.
The project connects and stores the data on a web server. Thus user gets Live reporting of weather conditions. Internet connectivity or Internet connection with Wi-Fi is compulsory in this IOT weather monitoring project.
Block Diagram of IOT based weather monitoring project:
You will get a CD with this project:
CD contains following things:
1) Project Report in pdf format and in word format ( .doc or .docx )
2) Circuit diagram
3) PCB layout
4) Arduino Uno Program in embedded c language
5) Datasheets of all the components / ICs used in the project
6) Power point presentation / PPT file
Description in Detail:
Imagine a situation where scientists/nature analysts want to monitor changes in a particular environment say volcano or a rain-forest. And these people are from different places in the world. In this case, SMS based weather monitoring has its own limitations. Since it sends SMS to few numbers. And time for sending SMS increases as the number of mobile numbers increases. In order to send this data to everyone, a person who receives this SMS can upload/add data to some place where everyone can see it. And what else apart from the Internet connects everyone in this world? However, a person doing it manually is time consuming and tedious job. And then there arises a need of an automated solution for this. So in such scenarios, IOT – Internet of Things proves really effective. Using Internet of Things, we can upload these weather parameters data to the cloud using internet connectivity over a WiFi module through wireless communication. Thus this project is also categorized under Wireless communication projects.
Two things are necessary to view this weather reporting over the Internet. One is the Internet and another is a device to access a URL / website. This device can be laptop or desktop or a tablet or even a smartphone. NOTE that Internet connectivity is required at both places. One where is project is placed and another from where user monitors this data.
Video of the project:
Video is not available right now, we are planning to upload video soon.
Meanwhile you can watch video other project in category: IOT based project.
Applications of IOT weather monitoring system
1) IOT weather reporting system has application to farmers as well. The weather forecasting plays very important role in the field of agriculture.
2) IOT weather monitoring project proves really helpful for monitoring weather at places like volcano, rain forests. It is quite difficult for a human being to stay for longer time at such places. Or even areas which are exposed to radioactive leakage.
1) IOT weather monitoring system project using Arduino is fully automated. It does not require any human attention.
2) You can get a prior alert of the weather conditions. Suppose you are planning to visit a place and you want to know the weather parameters over that place, then you can just visit a website IOT portal.Future enhancements to this IOT project.
Future enhancements to this IOT project.
1) As Arduino Uno has 5 Analog inputs, we can add a 5th parameter for weather monitoring.
Do you have question or any feedback about this project?
Please email us your questions or write comments below.
Similar or Related Projects:
- SMS based Patient health Monitoring using GSM modem
- Ambulance tracking with patient health monitoring system using GPS and GSM
- Arduino and IOT based patient health monitoring system project
- IOT Liquid Level Monitoring System Project
- Electronic Toll Collection System using RFID and IOT
- IOT LPG leakage detector project
- IOT based Fire Alerting System Project
Submit your review
Call us: (+91) 9021 44 32 22