Project Cost : 5,300
Available in: 7 Days
Project Code: 1250
You will get a CD with this project:
CD contains following things:
- Project Report in pdf format and in doc (word) format
- Circuit diagram
- PCB layout
- Microcontroller program in assembley language
- Hex file of the microcontroller code
- Datasheets of all the components / ICs used in the project
Synopsis of the project:
The main purpose behind this project is “Drunk driving detection”. Now a days, many accidents are happening because of the alcohol consumption of the driver or the person who is driving the vehicle. Thus Drunk driving is a major reason of accidents in almost all contries all over the world. Alcohol Detector in Car project is designed for the safety of the people seating inside the car. This project should be fitted / installed inside the vehicle.
Description in detail:
The main unit of this project is an “Alcohol sensor”. If the person inside car has consumed alocohol then it is detected by the sensor. Sensor gives this signal to a comparator IC. The output of comparator is connected to the microcontroller. Microcontroller is the heart of this project. It is the CPU of the complete circuit. Microcontroller gives high pulse to the buzzer circuit and the buzzer is turned on. At the same time a relay is turned off. Due to this the ignition of the car is deactivated.
Applications and Advantages:
Applications of Alchol Detector in Car:
1) “Alcohol Detector project” can be used in the various vehicles for detecting whether the driver has consumed alcohol or not.
2) This project can also be used in various companies or organisation to detect alcohol consumption of employees .
Advantages of Alcohol Detector project:
1) “Alcohol Detection System in Cars” provides an automatic safety system for cars and other vehicles as well.
1) We can implement GSM technology to inform the relatives or owners of the vehicle about the alcohol consumption.
2) We can implement GPS technology to find out the location of the vehicle.
Youtube video coming soon
Question and answers about this project:
Question : Can we use GSM technology in this project?
Answer : Yes, we can implement GSM technology. If microcontroller detects presence of alcohol then it will send SMS to the owner of the Car or to the family members of the person driving the car.
Question : What are the drawbacks of this project?
Answer : If any person other than the driver has consumed alcohol and if system detects it then also it will not allow the car to start (even if the driver is not drunk)
Question : What is the functionality of comparator in alcohol detection project
Answer : Comparator has a potentiometer which gives a constant voltage at inverting terminal of comparator. Then at non-inverting terminal alcohol sensor output is given. It gives low pulse when alcohol level increases.
Question : Can you add a DC motor instead of Relay?
Answer : Yes, we can provide DC motor. Motor will be turned off if the alcohol is detected
Do you have question or any feedback about this project?
Please email us your questions or write comments below.