Project Cost : 7,500
Available in: 7 Days
Project Code: 1515
You will get a CD with this project:
CD contains following things:
- Project Report in doc (word) format
- Circuit diagram
- PCB layout
- Microcontroller program in assembley language
- Hex file of the microcontroller code
- Datasheets of all the components / ICs used in the project
Synopsis of the project:
Project title: Electronic toll collection system.
This system allows the vehicle drivers to pass the toll tax booths without stopping at the toll booths. The toll amount is deducted from the RFID card. This RFID card is rechargeable and account is stored on the records.
This system will have two benefits.
First benefit is that movement of traffic will be much faster as user will not wait to give the money because, driver has to just show the RFID card in-front of the card reader.
Second benefit is that driver doesn’t have to carry the money each time. He will just recharge the RFID card by certain amount and will use this card each time he travels. This is little bit similar to using credit cards.
Description in detail:
Description in detail: It mainly consist of following blocks
1. Receiver: We are going to use a Infrared receiver. It is used to detect that vehicle has passed away from the electronic toll collection plaza.
2. Transmitter: Infra-Red transmitters used are IR LEDs. IR rays from transmitters are reflected from the vehicle and are received by the receiver.
3. Microcontroller: This is the CPU (central processing unit) of our project. We are going to use a microcontroller of 8051 family. The various functions of microcontroller are like
I. Reading the RFID card number from the RFID reader. II. Sending this data to LCD so that the person operating this project should read various informative messages. III. Sensing the command given using keypad and receiving singnal from the IR receiver. IV. Sending the data to the motor or buzzer depending upon the RFID card number and balance inside the card.
4. LCD: We are going to use 16×2 alphanumeric Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) which means it can display alphabets along with numbers on 2 lines each containing 16 characters.
5. DC motor and Motor Driver: We are going to use a DC motor to open the gate. A motor driver IC is required to drive the motor.
6. RFID card reader: This is one of the most important part of the project. It reads the unique number from the RFID cards and sends it to the microcontroller.
Applications and Advantages:
1. This project can be used in Toll collection plaza on Highway.
2. Can be used in octrai collection booths for faster access.
1. We can send this data to a remote location using mobile or internet
2. Voice alarm system can be added to indicate that room is full & persons cant enter inside.
Video of the project:
Youtube video link coming soon.
Question and answers about this project:
Question: I am from Coimbatore and need a little more advanced version of it which includes a vehicle identification system, vehicle weight detection and much more. Can you provide this?
Answer: Sorry, at present we can’t provide these modifications.
Do you have question or any feedback about this project?
Please email us your questions or write comments below.
Similar or Related Projects:
- Speed checker and overspeed detection for Highways
- RFid Based Attendance Management System
- RFid Based Security System
- RFID based prepaid card for canteen management system
- RFID based Passport Details identification system
- RFID based PrePaid Car Parking System
- RFID based Device Control and Authentication